Sunday, April 20, 2008

Blogburst a traffic damp squib!

Blogburst a damp squib of traffic!
Blogburst



Blogburst may well be a great traffic generator but I didn't find that. Here's my experience!

I come across Blogburst in my efforts to find ways to expose my blog. You sign up then have to wait three months to get your blog activated. They do this to get rid of the scammers and people who abandon blogs. Millions of blogs get abandoned after three months so this cuts the wheat from the chaff!

The Blogburst model is essentially this. You sign up, they add your blog to their database and publishers browse your posts. They then add your material to their site, and display this link on various other pages in thier site under the blog burst banner. How does it generate traffic for you? Well the idea is people read the article they have put on their site and click on the not to well highlighted link to your blog.

Seems to me the Blogburst model is based on generating free material for the publishers, which earns them advertising revenue, and generates bugger all traffic for the bloggers. That or my blog is total crap so no one clicked through.

You be the judge. Here's one of my articles that got picked up by Reuters via Blogburst. Its here

Blogburst can be found here if you want have a read and sign-up. Blogburst

Good luck!

0 comments: