Sunday, April 13, 2008

Generating Blog Traffic Through Posting in Forums

Generating traffic from posting in Forums works - but not much!

A ritual for bloggers, and spouted all over the internet as a traffic generation gem is that of posting in forums and leaving links back to your site.

I've tried this and it works - to a point. For instance I posted two replies in a Liverpool Football forum recently and they generated 74 hits. Not bad for ten minutes work. See it here

Overall though forum traffic works, but it doesn't generate the massive traffic we are all seeking. That really comes from a combination of things, of which forum posting is one. However if you are like me, and are time poor, I suggest targetting your efforts elsewhere. Where's that you ask? - I don't know, I'm still experimenting and trying new things!

I started about four months ago and have got my blog upto 8k a month - to make any sort of money, you really need that a day, but I'll keep trying!

0 comments: