Sunday, April 20, 2008

Traffic from Google Images

Theres great traffic to be had from Google Images - but watch out!

Google images is a great source of traffic, and there's no such thing as bad traffic, especially when your traffic is only in double figures.

My first blog used lots of Football/ Soccer images from the English Premier League. I obtained them via Creative Commons, but inadvertently breached copyright. However it demonstrated to me how you can get quick and easy traffic via Google Images.

Essentially you add an image to your blog, either via the form of a link, or simply upload a file, add descriptions in the 'alt' tag and your away. Also best to add the code 'title="descriptor" as well within the HTML. I am told these two things will help optimise things for the search engine indexes and the Goole Image searches etc.

It worked well for me, and I got my blog upto 900 hits per day until the English Premier League brought down the axe for my inadvertent copyright breach! You can see my original blog here

If you can avoid the copyright issues, Google Images is a great way of generating traffic! Good luck!

0 comments: